Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Postcards" in conjunction with "Dream House" Project 2007

A postcard project from Damascus in conjuction with the "Dream House" Project - 2007

Dream House Project, Suggested By Hou Hanru March 2007

Since the 10th Istanbul Biennale catalogue will include separate sections with different paper stock and designs for each venue or theme. Those are AKM, IMC, Antrepo – Entre-polis, Antrepo – Dreamhouse and Special Projects. Each section will contain articles on the themes of the venues and interviews with the architects of the venues along with a comprehensive article by Hou Hanru.While articles are commissioned for AKM, IMC, Entre-polis and Special Projects sections, Hou Hanru came up with a new idea for the Dreamhouse section: collecting the artists’ own texts about their dreams, with the title of “LET’S DREAM TOGETHER!”.The section of Dreamhouse, located in the site of Antrepo, facing Bosporus, will consist of a series of platforms, overlapping the section of “entre-polis”… to become a “Dream House”. This will be a floating space that provides the night visitors to contemplate the city from an elevated, extraordinary angle, accompanied by the most unexpected interventions by artists.
It’s a fantastic moment for everyone to share common dreams, imaginations and fantasies… My Dream text has emerged in accordance to Hou Hanru’s exciting idea about artists’ contribution in the catalogue.
In My Dream I was in Palestine”Dreamed by Ferhat Özgür, May 2007"
In Accordance with Hou Hanru’s Suggestion My Dream was About Syria to where I had been when I got this invitation.
Have you ever visited Palestine under military occupation?
"This was one of the questions on the application form when I applied to the Syrian Embassy for my visa. It seemed to me as if it was inviting me to visit Palestine. Maybe if I answered "Yes" it may be easier for me to get my visa. Despite this I answered "No" for I had never been there. With this answer I got my visa. At this time there had been some gossip spreading amongst Turkish citizens who were applying for Syrian visas which suggested that Turkish people who had been to Syria would not subsequently be allowed to enter European countires or the United States unless they they had also visited southern Cyprus & this had been recognised in their passports.Whilst I was in Damascus I didn't forget this initial question. It stayed with me.
Naturally this question was appearing spontaneously on all of the pictures I was taking.


"Düş Evi" projesi çerçevesinde tasarlanan "Şam'dan Kartpostallar" projesi nasıl oluştu?
10.İstanbul Bienali'nde Hou Hanru'un "Rüya Evi" projesi
Bu yıl 10.su gerçekleştirilecek olan Uluslararası İstanbul Bienali küratörü Hou Hanru tüm katılımcı sanatçıları "Birlikte Düşleyelim" adlı bir proje ile Düşevi'ne davet ediyordu. Katılımcıların düşleri Düşevi adı altında, Boğaza nazır Antrepo'da izleyicilerle buluşacaktı. Yakın zamanda yaşadığım "küçük" bir ayrıntı, Batı'nın ve ABD'nin Ortadoğu politikasını sanki ironik olarak özetler gibiydi. "Düşevi" için, başımdan geçen bu olayı, gözlerim açık olarak yeniden düşledim. Dolayısıyla yolculuğum gerçeklikten "düş"e doğruydu.

Rüyamda Filistin'deydim!..!Düşleyen Ferhat Özgür, Mayıs 2007"
İşgal Altındaki Filistini Ziyaret Ettiniz Mi?"
Suriye Büyükelçiliği'ne vize için başvurduğumda, yanıtlamam gereken başvuru formundaki sorulardan biriydi bu. Soru sanki beni Filistin'i ziyaret etmeye davet ediyordu. "Evet" cevabını verince, vize almam kolaylaşacaktı demek ki. Filistin'e hiç gitmediğimden yanıtım "hayır" oldu. Bu yanıtla yine de vizemi alabilmiştim. Bu sırada Suriye vizesine başvuran Türk vatandaşları arasında bir dedikodu yayılmaya başlamıştı. Söylentiye göre, Suriye'ye giriş yapan Türk vatandaşları, Güney Kıbrıs'ı da ziyaret etmedikçe ve bunu pasaportlarında onaylatmadıkça bundan böyle Amerika ya da Avrupa ülkelerine giriş yapamayacaklardı. Şam'da bulunduğum süre içerisinde bu soru aklımdan hiç çıkmamıştı. Şam’dan çekeceğim tüm fotoğrafların üzerine bu soru kendiliğinden biniyordu.




No comments: